Breakfast Sausage Pizza
- 6 ounces pork sausage, bulk
- 4 slices Bacon, thick cut, cut in half (optional)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 10-inch ready made pizza crust
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large skillet cook sausage, bacon, and onions over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through (about 10-15 minutes). Remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Remove all but 1 teaspoon of drippings from pan. Add eggs, parsley, and seasonings, stirring to scramble. Stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are just set.
Meanwhile, place pizza crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet and top with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Place in a 400 F degree oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove crust and top with eggs, sausage, and onions. Top with bacon and remaining cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted and bacon is crisp.
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 25 minutes
Visit http://www.porkbeinspired.com for more great recipes.